Runescape ClassicKBD Private Server Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob Store/REALISTIC PK STORE

+2
Lietuva
ego
6 posters

Go down

Noob Store/REALISTIC PK STORE Empty Noob Store/REALISTIC PK STORE

Post  ego Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm

According to our thieving guide (http://rsckbd.wikia.com/wiki/Thieving)...

Noobs are f*cked.
I am aware that Starter Gear is equivalent to rune....but what happens if the noobs are bad at pking and lose their 1 set of starter gear....and what if they don't like mining+smithing, and would rather just use their melee skills to kill monsters and alch the drops... If you wanna be a main, be a main...but if you wanna be a pure pker, just login when you get home and pk for an hour or two...that's not extremely viable on this server because it's custom and huge...Off the top of your head, does anyone know 1. Where to get a R2h as a drop? or 2. Know where to mine rune ore? No. Of course not. It's custom af, and you're welcome to go explore all their hard work, but some people just want to pure.

Now, if we add an in-game report option, we have the option to drastically increase theft amounts from edge men and guards so that noobs can get in and get pking.

A low-level pk store, here-about Edge...
Strength Ammy - Accuracy Ammy (?)
Power Ammy - Glory Ammy (Though Glory teles are nearly useless.)

Full Rune + Kite + Baxe + 2h
Dragon 2h - So noobs can see that sh*t is about to get real.

Pot set - Strength Potion, Attack Potion, Defense Potion

Custom or Wizard Robes

Green D'Hide Set (Since we've already got them in-game.)

I'll update what I think should be in the store, whenever I think of stuff.  Though, I'm sure, noobs would be much more capable of making suggestions, though they'll have far fewer acceptable requests as I've based my contributions on Price, Use, and Econ where they'll have no interest in Econ.

More noobs = More mains = My rares go up in value.

Last edited by ego on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

ego

Back to top Go down

Noob Store/REALISTIC PK STORE Empty Re: Noob Store/REALISTIC PK STORE

Post  Lietuva Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 pm

good idea! i would join them noobs at castle lol
Lietuva
Lietuva

http://www,facebook.com/iloveprogressivehouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ClassicKBD Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 pm

i kinda like the idea, for low level stuff

ClassicKBD

Back to top Go down

Post  Juiced Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 am

an in-game report option would be the exact same as just telling a mod/admin what you saw next time they log on. we cant ban people just because someone said they might be botting. we have to catch them.

if you see someone breaking the rules just let someone know.

and then idk how useful this store would end up being. starter gear is about the same as rune, and its free. mage robes and ranged gear might help, but a majority of the cost would be in the runes/arrows. and its hard for a new player to afford those things.

the ammys would be nice though. and maybe like a dragon 2h and khor 2h.

ive seen alot of people join, and every single time ive seen someone new, ive seen players give them stuff. honestly i think this is the key. the players are great in this aspect.

but i do like where your head is at. we have to get the noobs to stay.

Juiced

Back to top Go down

Post  ego Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm extremely grateful that this has became a discussion.
Every idea/thought needs to be heard, as this is how the best decisions are made.

Now, I stick, whole-heartedly, to me initial suggestion that we implement a store.
Now, here's some reason and some opinions.

1.  I don't know if you've ever been on at 2 a.m. on a weekday, but there's nobody to help noobs.  Some people work different hours and play at different times, there's only so much us existing players can do.

2.  I firmly believe the idioms of "Teach a man to fish.." and "All th More Sweet" apply detrimentally to this situation - If we give stuff away...Noobs don't get the pleasure of earning their own way...  They literally view that these items we provide them with are worthless which puts incredulous doubt, in their eyes, upon our economy as a whole - They never make it to the top tier because the lower tier is pointless.  < -- This is exactly what I'm trying to repair.

I'd speak at greater length but I believe I've made my point.

Now, we've got 32 spare slots in the Edgeville General Store...

1.Amulets - Accuracy, Magic, Defense, Strength, Power, Glory (6 slots..)
2.Rune - Legs, Chain, Full-Helmet, Kiteshield, Battleaxe, 2h (6 slots..)
3.Dragon - Legs, Chain, Full-Helmet, Kiteshield, Battleaxe, 2h (6 slots..)
4.SupStrength, SupAccuracy, SupDefense, Khor2h, Plat2h, Tit2h (6 slots..)
5.Swordfish, Shark, MantaRays, (3 slots)

Now, I'm sure each of us has at least 2 worries -
1. Ego is going to put Ulti-sets on his pures and eat noobs..
2. Ego is going to use Dragonsharks on his pures and eat noobs.
^^ This is where I believe Mod Juice's post becomes extremely important, and I officially thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to speak with us..I, personally, find it hard to believe that the higher level players of old will intentionally destroy noobs.  As Mod Juice has stated, high level players are extremely king, courteous, and respectful.

Okay, so, I can't help but let me Ego reign, momentarily as I state that I, so far, am extremely excited that there are open spaces left to fill.  As my suggestions would fill only 24 of the 32 available slots we know how room for community participation and more suggestion..I believe that these empty/fillable slots give noobs a chance  to become part of the community by making their own suggestion and I firmly believe that participation builds community.

Last edited by ego on Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Repair several typos)

ego

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod chloee Sun May 14, 2017 3:27 pm

i would suggest if we are having chains on the list then we would need klanks gloves on there to make up for the lower defence bonus.

plus maybe the extra space in the shop could be arrows upto rune with bows also even some low level runes upto death runes at a possibility

Mod chloee

Back to top Go down

Post  ego Sun May 14, 2017 4:59 pm

I didn't put Klanks because I felt like it'd interfere was the profit from thieving.
Perhaps we can have some other kind of gloves? I'm not familiar with the options, but I agree we need gloves.
but a simple solution would actually be to put plates in, instead..then hard-core pkers will have to participate in the economy to buy chains from us Smithers..

I'd be comfortable with arrows up to rune, though I can't help but imagine either bronze or iron should be excluded as both are usueable at level 1? We'd be wasting a slot to have both.
As to the runes...I have no opinion for or against. I fear bot auto-clickers buying them all day, but we could obviously implement report features for such - perhaps call it Disruptive Behavior.

Thanks for the input, Chloe, +1 to your Mod Status.

ego

Back to top Go down

Post  ego Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

As I've seen no real result from the store, thus far..I'd like to pontificate..

Perhaps, most obviously, that thieving loot is still much, much too low. Logging in, you've got 3k and you need 200+ to really pking (Back-up gear so you can run back in and try to get your loot..)
Currently, in Edge, the easiest way to make money is buy picking up herbs from men drops...these herbs are, essentially, unsellable at our current economic standing.
We all have plenty of money, I think we'd all agree with dramatically increasing Men thieving amounts - Perhaps 1k each and guards 3k each.

Another thought - Perhaps we should add low level armours to that store..I mean, my pures don't have prayer because I have so much money I don't need protect item, so monk robes are useless. I also don't have magic because, at starter pure levels (about 50-75, where I expect most people will head to the wild,) it's wasted combat levels.
Perhaps Iron, Steel, and Black. Nobody will ever smith iron or steel, we can't even get those cert drops and black is unsmithable. Mith certs drop all the time under North Lava, and I don't even pick them up - Perhaps I should, and sell them to noob pures..

As well, many pures are extremely poor and cheap - just doing the minimum to get buy..so I suggest Addy 2h's.
As well, many pures are starter accounts...so I suggest Khorium 2hs.

How about some runes, just so our pures can really eat noobs who actually use mage - Perhaps 500/elemental, 500 minds, 250 chaos, 100 death, and 25 bloods. As for respawn rates? Idc I'm 150 RC.. Lolol.

I literally couldn't care any less about how quickly people get rich - I don't even care if they grab inventories of swordfish and sell them, all day. Shoot, speaking of, apparently we don't need thieving loot increased...Unless we want people to play the game. If someone thieves a man and gets 5 coins and 3 levels, they're going to quit playing immediately - they aren't going to look for the master fisher.
When I logged in, I went straight to men - I didn't even learn about free swordfish until i was 100+. I used to just 3 item.

ego

Back to top Go down

Post  jackyboy Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Another thought - Perhaps we should add low level armours to that store..I mean, my pures don't have prayer because I have so much money I don't need protect item, so monk robes are useless. I also don't have magic because, at starter pure levels (about 50-75, where I expect most people will head to the wild,) it's wasted combat levels.
Perhaps Iron, Steel, and Black. Nobody will ever smith iron or steel, we can't even get those cert drops and black is unsmithable. Mith certs drop all the time under North Lava, and I don't even pick them up - Perhaps I should, and sell them to noob pures..

As well, many pures are extremely poor and cheap - just doing the minimum to get buy..so I suggest Addy 2h's.
As well, many pures are starter accounts...so I suggest Khorium 2hs.

How about some runes, just so our pures can really eat noobs who actually use mage - Perhaps 500/elemental, 500 minds, 250 chaos, 100 death, and 25 bloods. As for respawn rates? Idc I'm 150 RC.. Lolol.

great idea. as a new player all I wanted to do at first was buy a r2h and ruby ammy, maybe some iron armor and start pking.

jackyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ego Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:34 pm

So...

An idea is of use, but I think it's obvious that a revised idea and a revision of a revision and so forth...aka updates...are a good thing.

So.... Noob Store/PK Store....

I mean...skilling is easy until you hit 100. and Dragon Armour/2h starts is more like 120.
Red D'hide is like 110?
Magic robes...I don't actually know.
Bows? Idk.
Dragon arrows take 108 smithing and probably about the same fletching (I can make them at 112, I'm not sure what tthe minimum is..)

And you've gotta make a ton of it to get the Khorium. So...we need Dragon+ to take place in the Economy, rather than from a shop.

Rune though...we can sell rune, magic longs, green dhide all day.

Iron Set
Rune Set
R2h, Long, Baxe

Rune Pickaxe and Hatchet
maybe we can put 100 runes of each in...so we don't got noobs teleing all over the map. In fact, it's a private server...Nobody is tryna play RSC.
On the idea of trying to ease players into the game...perhaps we should make Edge even easier - Skilling Shop. I, for one, hate teleing to al kharid to buy frkn thread. It's frkn thread guys. Junky fkn main going into the desert to buy thread and needles.

~UberNoob/Obviously Didn't AFK Their Str~
Iron Helm
Iron Kite
Iron Plate
Iron Skirt (If you want legs L2Main. If you're not a main, you dress like a chick. K?)
Accuracy, Magic, Strength, Power Ammys. Rings? Need suggestions, I don't skill.
Super Atk, Super Str, Super Def, Range Pot?, Magic pot?, No Pray Pots..Safer.

~AFK Pure~
Black Helm
Black Kite
Black Plate
Black Skirt ('cuz that'd be lit)
Amulet of Glory for easy teles to AFKs.

~Oh, Damn, Team, Tele~
Green D'hide Chaps
Green D'hide Chest
Bows up to Yew probably. Magic is fine with me as long as the other mains agree. Magic bows are alot of fletching levels..but I just make shafts anyway so fk it.
Arrows up to Rune.
Airs x100
Waters x100
Earths x100
Fires x100
Minds x250 (cuz nobody fkn uses'm, why not have 250.)
Chaos x100
Death x100 (These runes, we will see, are just for the quick easy start-up....legit none of this gear will be used for pking, Lol.) (For me the worst part of starting up was teleing around to gather gear only to learn it's all trash and I have to do skilling.)

~Full Rune w/ Skirt cuz hahahaL2main)~

That's all the slots available in that store.

This whole thread is probably the wrong way to go. We need a ::Shops tele or maybe just move those Rare Item Dealers from Edge to the Legends Guild or something and then add Pures-Road2Main-PK Supplies-Range-Mage-Skilling stores to that area of Edge.

ego

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum